Shooting stars, my thoughts fly across my mind like hurling globes of fire without an endpoint.
A different season, its hard for me to articulate, perhaps maybe this what I haven’t.
I am on the verge of tears these days, for a myriad of reasons. Have you ever felt like a big-fat- faker? Now the proud owner of a professional degree, professional responsibilities and now well into my professional career. One would think I would adopt this professional professionalism.
Now more than ever I ache for adventure. I ache for back-porch fiddle picking in the cool of mountain air. The dirt under your nails, sand in your shoes and tired shoulders from paddling. Do you have that thing? perhaps that place? Perhaps it is filled with a little trepidation because your relationship with that thing hasen’t always been smooth but it still has an ability to water your soul. For some, running, painting, piano playing, quilting, rock climbing, hiking and the list goes on….
Where does the balance of life enter? Something tells me it doesn’t, that you carve it out. I am learning that as adult one must live more intentionally than ever. How do you live intentionally?
As someone who has lost someone they loved and is sometimes paralyzed by the fear of losing another, our time on this globe is so small. How do we make the most of this tiny window in space?
Lessons from this season:
- Call you momma and tell her that you love her.
- Joy is chosen.
- Good music soothes the soul
- Whiskey is not for sad times
- If you don’t make time to write, you wont.
- Home is a hard word to define.
- Friends, they are how you get through. They unpack boxes, order sushi and serve you walks and bread when you need it the most. I am so grateful.
- Marriage does not get easier, you just get better at it. Then when you think your getting better, humble pie comes in large slices.
- A healthy heart, mind and soul may never be attainable, some place always has to give a bit.
- Gods word never ceases to convict
- Be quicker to listen and slower to speak.
- Sometimes your opinions just need to be kept to yourself.
- At the end of the day, sometimes, Netflix is really what you need.
- Introversion, I might be acquiring you.
- My job still scares me but is one of the largest privileges I have ever been given.
” Teach me how to see when I close my eyes, teach me to forgive and to apologize. Teach me how to love when I feel so small, teach me how to love in the darkest dark.
Take me to the place where I feel no shame, take where courage doesn’t need a name. Learning how to cry is the hardest part. There is only one way to mend a broken heart”
— Wailin Jennys
Maybe you are learning to see when you close your eyes? Maybe your in a teary season? Maybe you are so full of joy you are bursting at the seams. Please tell me about your bread friends, your chosen joy and the place that waters your soul.